The term flooring is used to describe a permanent floor covering. A floor covering is any material applied to a floor structure to create a walkable surface. There are many options for flooring. Marble flooring is a popular choice.
Marble Flooring Las Vegas has many advantages and disadvantages that homeowners should know before installing or renovating. Marble flooring has been used in residential homes for many centuries. We will briefly discuss the advantages and disadvantages associated with marble flooring.
These are the advantages and disadvantages of marble flooring:
- Marble comes in various colours, patterns, and designs. You can choose from many designs. Marble is the most elegant and beautiful material.
- It is very smooth and shiny when polished.
- Marble flooring glows because it is translucent and can be exposed to sunlight.
- Marble flooring is ideal for hot climates as it feels freezing underfoot.
- Because it is soft in its natural state, tiles can easily be cut, and the edges can be moulded or shaped.
- It is possible to match the joints of marble tiles.
- It has a more soft appearance than granite.
- It is an eco-friendly material because it does not use any chemical processes in manufacturing. It is also completely recyclable in the end.
- Mirror polished makes it look even better.
- It will produce a pleasing appearance if the veins match perfectly.
- Marble flooring is durable and long-lasting. It can withstand all external pressure and can handle any weight change. Marble flooring is ideal for high-traffic areas, such as hotels and restaurants.
- Marble flooring creates an interior design feature that is very distinctive.
- It is resistant to fire better than wood flooring.
- Marble flooring is easy to clean.
- White marble should be laid with white cement on a yellow or white sand bed. It is also a good idea to paint the underside of white marble with white cement-based paints to preserve and enhance its whiteness.
- Marble is a natural material so each piece will be unique. Marble can look awkward and unattractive if it is not done correctly.
- Marble flooring can get very cold during winter. Marble flooring is not recommended for areas with frigid temperatures as it can be slippery if you walk on it.
- Marble flooring is more expensive than other flooring materials.
- Marble flooring can produce a lot of waste because each piece is unique. This is especially true when matching the design, sizing, and veins.
- Marble is a natural stone that reacts well with acids. They can cause stains to form on the surface.
- It is porous and can absorb liquids like tea, curry, coffee, wine juices, sauces, etc.
- Marble is naturally softer than other stones, making it more susceptible to scratching by sharp or hard objects. Marbles such as Italian marble can crack and chip easily.
- Marble flooring installation is a time-consuming process that requires skilled laborers. This is especially true if you need to match marble veins.
- Marble flooring needs to be maintained and taken care of. Marble flooring should be polished regularly.
- Marble can also turn yellowish over time if it contains more iron. Marble’s original beauty will be lost if it has more iron.
- It can be challenging for non-specialists to pick marble based on its strength and quality. It is possible to be cheated. It is essential to hire an experienced person when buying the item.
- Natural defects like veins, cracks, etc. Marble is bound to have natural imperfections like cracks, veins, etc. This could lead to more wastage or even cracking after laying.
- Marble floors can slip easily when they are wet. This can lead to accidents and even death.
- Marble flooring is challenging to replace or change once installed. Marble tiles must be kept in stock. Stones of the same design and colour are hard to find after a few years.
Marble flooring is a timeless and classic choice for your home but it comes at a high price. Before you buy marble flooring, consider both its advantages and drawbacks.